Self-Sustaining Churches: Financially Generous and Locally Led
Each Liberti Church is devoted to becoming financially and pastorally self-sustaining. So while sharing some things, locally each Liberti Church also commit to:
• Being led by a Lead Pastor, who is the primary preacher for that church.
• Raising up a local team of Pastors/Elders, led by their Lead Pastor as a ‘first among equals.’ The primary purpose of this team to “shepherd the flock of God that is among you,” (1 pEt. 5:2-3) while “equipping the saints for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Eph. 4:12).
• Identifying and launching localised ministries that bless their surrounding community, which the local leadership team is responsible for identifying, developing, & implementing.
• Practicing gospel-giving and generosity at a local level into their own account, with the goal of becoming financially self-sustaining. A small percentage of this – dependent upon church size/health – is then given into a central fund that covers shared expenses that benefit all our churches.
• Giving away 10% of their general giving to local and global church planting efforts.